Tuesday, April 17, 2012

random me...

{Print via The I Am Project}
i love getting a little inspiration from other bloggers and this time i got it from one of my fav bloggers and iphoneographers, fatmumslim... thanks, chantelle!

she recently posted a "what makes you you" blog that got me inspired to think about the things that make me me :)

i encourage you to follow her blog (link above) and also on instagram @fatmumslim... she takes amazing pictures and sponsors cool "photo a day" projects.

soooo... another reason this blog post got me is because in early 2009 (before i blogged) i participated in one of those facebook note tagging things in which you were supposed to write 25 random things about yourself (and then tag 25 people... which i'm sure i didn't do... i doubt i even had 25 friends on facebook at the time...)  so, I'm resurrecting that list here, and adding in some updates for today's truths about me, but all in all, i haven't really changed that much in 3+ years...

note:  2009 things in black; 2012 things in  blue... with five new ones added for good measure :)


1) I saw the movie Titanic 13 times...in the theater... after the first time I was (and still am) convinced that I was actually on the Titanic in a past life, not that I believe in past lives necessarily, it just all felt so completely familiar... as of april 15, 2012 - the 100-year anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, I have now seen it 15 times in the theater... and countless times on DVD...
2) I will never understand why people put raisins in cinnamon rolls and oatmeal cookies...
3) I am a sucker for underdog sports movies...
4) I haven't gone a single day without doing Sudoku in over three years... make that six years, and i've since added ken ken to my puzzle addiction...
5) I love the jszhh-jszhh sound that corduroy pants make when the legs rub together...
6) I would someday love to own a coffee shop with bookshelves full of books and big comfy chairs and couches... and coffee.
7) I am a nerd at heart.
8) I can't keep a plant alive to save my life... but my dogs and children are thriving :c)~
9) I REALLY want the Romancing the 70s 10-CD collection with bonus Ultimate Love Songs of the 70s.. and a snuggie. I've always said "If only my blanket had sleeves..."  I have since acquired both of these things... was fascinated by them for about a week, and haven't touched them since :)
10) If I swung that way (you know, cherry Chapstick and all), Jennifer Aniston would be my first choice.
11) I intend all puns.
12) I think sweater vests should be illegal...
13) I want to learn to bellydance. I already have the jingly bellydance belt, but it freaks my dog out... the belt, not the bellydancing...
14) I would love to run a marathon, but I hate to run. (hey, that sounds like Steven Wright... I probably stole it from him subconsciously)  i've done two half-marathons that about killed me, so no longer would i love to run a marathon... ever...  i'll probably stick to 5Ks from now on...
15) My dream trip to New York would include nothing but Broadway shows... and off-Broadway shows... and eating...
16) I will get to Italy someday...
17) I have a song in my heart... but most people wouldn't want to hear me sing it ;c} not that I care, I will sing anyways because that is what you do when you have a song in your heart!
18) Ahhh, if only I could see the Beatles and Nirvana live... not at the same time, of course... although I imagine Kurt Cobain could pull off "Revolution"... like in an MTV Live-type setting...
19) I cried when they thought Bolt was dead... yes, I know it was animated...
20) I love to make me up some portmanteaus! My favorite creation thus far is boobloons.
21) The Office is my most favorite show on television (yes, I have other favorites, they're just not as much favorites... my friends who are Brian Regan fans will appreciate the sno-cone reference)  while i do still love the office, my favorite all time tv series is definitely gilmore girls... which doesn't air anymore... but i watch all seven seasons on loop with my daughter and we still laugh and cry in all the same places...
22) Evidently, I cannot use the ellipsis too much...
23) O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou, Romeo?  still looking...
24) Writing with Sharpies is THE BEST!
25) My next step is to find a good therapist...  still looking... :)
26) I hate putting the clean dishes away from the dishwasher...
27) I have accepted that I love Boy Bands... 
28) I have discovered that I love to write... whether anybody reads it or not doesn't even matter to me...
29) I hate the cold.
30) I have recently become obsessed with living in Hawaii someday...

whew.  comment below with your lists... i love to know what makes other people tick :)


No comments:

Post a Comment